- Addict of the Week, Art, creativity, Fabriano, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, Strathmore, Addict of the Week, Art, collection of sketchbooks, drawing, hoarding sketchbooks, illustrator, je suis eclectique, keeping a sketchbook, luisa, notebook addict, painting, sketchbook
This week’s addict is an illustrator and web developer who blogs at Je Suis Éclectique. The images below are from a wonderful post about how to develop a good sketchbook habit. “If you’ve ever wandered into an office supplies, art or craft store and walked down the aisles of lovely notebooks, a mysterious pull might get […]
I always love seeing kids with notebooks: “Standing in line to go back to class Thursday, Oct. 20, Ekole Azah jotted a few more lines of a ghostly encounter in her notebook. Her Halloween tale was one of many stories written by students at Bethany School as they joined in the National Day of […]
- Addict of the Week, Art, creativity, Field Notes, Links, Moleskine, Organization, Other People's Notebooks, record-keeping, sketchbook, Addict of the Week, architect, collection of sketchbooks, Field Notes, mark gerwing, Moleskine, notebook, notebook addict, notebook addiction, sketchbook
This week’s addict is an architect with a shelf full of sketchbooks and a recent preference for Field Notes: “…I am quite pleased to have recently found a series of small, flexible notebooks by Field Notes Brand… They are not quite large enough to replace the classic 5×8 landscape-bound black sketchbooks that I have been […]
- books, creativity, Diary, Journal, Links, Other People's Notebooks, writing, authors, books, david almond, jackie morris, journals, notebooks, robert macfarlane, writers notebooks, writing
I love these photos, from a blog post by Jackie Morris where she’s collected a wide variety of images of writers’ notebooks: David Almond‘s notebook for Counting Stars: Robert MacFarlane’s notebooks: See lots more at Writer’s notebooks in pictures.
- Art, creativity, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, Art, land sketch, nathan fowkes, notebook, painting, sketchbook, watercolor
I love the art and the art supplies on display at the blog of Nathan Fowkes: See more at Land Sketch. He offers online classes too!
Another cool Kickstarter project– notebooks made from wood and leather. Available for preorder here.
- Art, creativity, Links, Miquelrius, Moleskine, Muji, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, designers, notebooks, sketchbooks
Co. Design asked 16 designers to share their favorite notebooks, and some of their contents. Here’s a few of my faves: Designers from Ikea, Pentagram, Ideo, and more tell us what makes a great notebook. Read more at: 16 Famous Designers Show Us Their Favorite Notebooks | Co.Design | business + design
“For years, Bob Dylan scholars have whispered about a tiny notebook, seen by only a few, in which the master labored over the lyrics to his classic 1975 album “Blood on the Tracks.” Rolling Stone once called it “the Maltese Falcon of Dylanology” for its promise as an interpretive key. But that notebook, it turns […]
- Art, books, creativity, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, writing, Art, bauhaus, notebooks, painting, paul klee, sketchbooks
The page above is from one of the artist Paul Klee’s notebooks, thousands of pages of which can be viewed online here. “These works are considered so important for understanding modern art that they are compared to the importance that Leonardo’s A Treatise on Painting had for Renaissance,” says Monoskop. Their description also quotes critic […]
- Addict of the Week, books, creativity, Links, Other People's Notebooks, writing, Addict of the Week, bestseller, bitterblue, book, graceling, kristin cashore, notebook addict, novel, writing in notebooks
This week’s addict is the award-winning author of the bestseller Graceling, among other books. She wrote the first draft of one of its sequels, Bitterblue, in seven wire-bound notebooks, with some serious editing happening on many of the pages, as you can see from her photos below! It’s a fascinating view into a novelist’s […]