- Addict of the Week, books, creativity, Diary, Journal, Links, Moleskine, Organization, Other People's Notebooks, productivity, record-keeping, Rhodia, writing, addict, Addict of the Week, Diary, emmanuel, Journal, logbook, Moleskine, notebook, notebook addict, quantified self, Rhodia
This week’s addict has a habit of filling Moleskine and Rhodia notebooks. Look at these nice stacks! The Moleskine stack is pretty impressive given that he says he remembers first holding a Moleskine in his hands in January 2012. The Rhodias are from 2003-2006. Emmanuel says he wrote the first book in French about the […]
- Addict of the Week, creativity, Journal, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, travel, Addict of the Week, book journal, date books, germany, home made, joe, military, notebook addict, sketchbook
This week’s addict is another one whose collection has grown since we first saw it. He sent me this message and the photos below of his excellent collection, which now includes his own home-made notebooks: “I was a notebook addict about a year ago and just recently returned from Afghanistan after 7 months. So I […]
- Art, Black & Red, creativity, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, travel, london, museums, notebooks, sigmar polke, sketchbooks
When I was complaining about the bleak landscape for London notebook shopping, I didn’t mention the most frustrating part of the trip! I was there on business, and during my last meeting of the trip, when I already knew it was pretty likely that I’d go home without buying anything, I spotted a really gorgeous […]
Here’s a new line of notebooks that seems to be getting a lot of press: You can buy them here. Via Plumb Goods Notebooks – Cool Hunting.
- Addict of the Week, Art, creativity, Hilroy, Journal, Links, Moleskine, Other People's Notebooks, record-keeping, sketchbook, Whitelines, writing, addict, Addict of the Week, Art, gerard, idea book, Moleskine, notebook addict, sketchbook, studio journal, writing
Here’s another repeat addict: Gerard is a Canadian artist and arts educator whose notebooks were featured here a few years ago. Looks like his collection of idea books and studio journals has kept on growing! Some Whitelines journals are now added to the mix too. Check out Gerard’s site: MIX AND SHIFT: OVER 60.
- Art, books, creativity, Daycraft, Journal, Links, Moleskine, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, travel, Art, book, david sedaris, day in, day out, Diary, drawing, duct tape, let's explore diabetes with owls, Moleskine, moleskine repair, notebooks, painting, sketchbooks, story, travel
More from my inbox: A tip from M: “I have issues with the binding cracking/splitting on my Moleskines. The solution – black duct tape. Check out the photo. Works great and doesn’t look too bad.” Peter shares some sketchbook pages and a tip on transfering art to notebook pages: “Just wanted to give you some […]
- books, creativity, Filofax, Journal, Links, Organization, Other People's Notebooks, productivity, record-keeping, writing, Filofax, filofax flex, Journal, kindle cover, leather, notebook, notebook system, reading, writing
The blogger at Filofancy notes that the Flex series by Filofax doesn’t get much blogging coverage. I can’t say I’ve found them inspiring at all when I see them in stores– wrong sizes, blah materials… it just makes me sad to see them in comparison to the wonderful things Filofax was making 15 or 20 […]
A blog post about a book about field notebooks, with lots of interesting observations, including this: “The notebook is like a magical object in a fairytale. It is a lot more than an object, as it inhabits and fills out hallowed ground between meditation and production. Truly, writing is a strange business…” And some images […]
- Art, books, creativity, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, book, cabinet of curiosities, guillermo del toro, movies, notebook, sketchbook
Here’s a pretty amazing imagination at work in the pages of a notebook: For more, check out the book: Guillermo del Toro Cabinet of Curiosities: My Notebooks, Collections, and Other Obsessions Via Scans From Guillermo Del Toro’s Notebook | The Mary Sue.
- creativity, Nostalgia, Other People's Notebooks, writing, 1950s, auction, jacques brel, le calligraphe, lyrics, music, notebook, songwriting, spiralbound
Back in 2008, Sotheby’s auctioned a private collection of various papers and memorabilia belonging to the Belgian singer Jacques Brel, who died in 1972. The notebook below, probably from the 1950s, was used by Brel for draft song lyrics, and was estimated to sell for between 50,000 and 70,000 euros. It’s a nice looking notebook– […]