- Art, books, creativity, Diary, Journal, new products, Other People's Notebooks, pens, Places to Buy, sketchbook, amazon, Art, basquiat, black friday, brice marden, drawing, giant sketchbook, gifts, journals, lynda barry, notebooks, pigma micron, shopping, sketchbook, uniball ultra micro pen, very big sketchbook
I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving! Hope it is full of family, friends, fun, and feasting before you start thinking about shopping… but once you do… here’s a few gift ideas for your favorite notebook addict–perhaps yourself! Brice Marden Notebooks: I posted about these recently, but hadn’t yet received my own copies of the facsimile […]
- Art, creativity, Leuchtturm, Moleskine, My Collection, Pen & Ink, Places to Buy, Reviews, sketchbook, Art Alternatives, art plus, drawing, leuchturm, Moleskine, Pen & Ink, pencils, pens, review, sketch, sketch album, sketchbook, sketching, watercolor
I’ve had this Moleskine Sketch Album for quite a while and haven’t gotten around to reviewing it, mainly because I knew I’d probably be disappointed! Moleskine’s quality has been waning for years, and though their regular sketchbooks have been my favorite notebooks for a very long time, I’ve refused to buy any of the currently […]
- Art, creativity, Journal, Moleskine, My Collection, sketchbook, travel, drawing, modo & modo, modo e modo, Moleskine, My Collection, my notebooks, notebook, painting, pen, pencil, sketchbook, travel, watercolor
I just finished a sketchbook, exactly a year a year after I started it. This was one of my old Modo & Modo original Moleskine sketchbooks. I have a hoard of these older ones and they are still my favorite sketchbook for everyday use– they stand up well to most of the pens I use, […]
- antique, Art, creativity, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, Art, drawing, painting, sketchbook, watercolor, william turner
I spotted this on Facebook– I especially love the simplicity of the lighthouse image!
- Art, creativity, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, design, doodling, drawing, ian paget, ideas, logo design, logo geek, sketchbook
Here’s an article I came across at Medium.com: Inside a Logo Designer’s Sketchbook: “Every designer has their own design process, but paper and pen is the first place to start for most. You can quickly sketch and explore ideas with no limitations. Some designers may choose to work directly on the computer, but personally I […]
- Art, books, creativity, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, writing, anders nilsen, comics, drawing, drawn & quarterly, graphic novel, Moleskine, poetry is useless, sketchbook
This was an exciting find from the LA Times website: Anders Nilsen’s sketchbook art “Anders Nilsen is called a comics artist, but that’s not exactly what he does. Yes, his books are visual, but Nilsen seems at times to be about the deconstruction of form itself in favor of a purer style of storytelling, gathering […]
- Art, books, creativity, new products, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, writing, Art, basquait, books, brooklyn museum, composition book, computer history museum, drawing, facsimile, jean-michel basquiat, museum, painting, princeton architectural press, sketchbook
I was so excited several months ago when I heard there would be a big exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum all about Jean-Michel Basquiat’s notebooks. I’d seen some of the images of the notebooks and pages and thought it sounded really cool, but then I read that the notebooks had been carefully disassembled so the […]
- Addict of the Week, Art, books, creativity, Journal, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, writing, Art, ben hatke, book, creativity, drawing, graphic novel, idea book, little robot, Moleskine, sketchbook, zita the spacegirl
This week’s addict is Ben Hatke, creator of the ‘Zita the Spacegirl‘ series. In a guest post at GeekDad, he talks about the importance of sketchbooks in his creative process: “I can’t stress enough the importance of sketchbooks in my creative work. I think one of the most important things that anyone with an interest […]
- Art, creativity, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, Art, drawing, josh keyes, notebook, painting, sketchbook
A beautiful pile of sketchbooks with beautiful pages within, all belonging to artist Josh Keyes: Read lots more about his sketchbooks and creative process at Inside the Sketchbook of Josh Keyes | Hi-Fructose Magazine.
- Art, creativity, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, Art, artist, camille bryen, drawing, graph paper, notebook, sketchbook, spiral bound, squared
I wasn’t familiar with the artist Camille Bryen, but here’s a nice image of one of his notebooks: From an auction listing a few years ago for a lot of 4 notebooks.