- Addict of the Week, books, creativity, Diary, Journal, Links, Moleskine, Organization, Other People's Notebooks, productivity, record-keeping, Rhodia, writing, addict, Addict of the Week, Diary, emmanuel, Journal, logbook, Moleskine, notebook, notebook addict, quantified self, Rhodia
This week’s addict has a habit of filling Moleskine and Rhodia notebooks. Look at these nice stacks! The Moleskine stack is pretty impressive given that he says he remembers first holding a Moleskine in his hands in January 2012. The Rhodias are from 2003-2006. Emmanuel says he wrote the first book in French about the […]
- antique, Art, Diary, Links, Other People's Notebooks, record-keeping, Art, artists, carnet, Diary, france, Journal, martin vives, notebook, painting, perpignan, raoul dufy
The 1948 diary below belonged to Martin Vivés, an artist who lived in southwestern France. He also seems to have been a museum curator there in the 1940s-1960s, and he met some famous artists including Raoul Dufy, as shown in the notes made in the diary. March 2 shows the phrase “visite Dufy.” It’s an […]
- Giveaway, Journal, new products, Papernotes, Places to Buy, Reviews, giveaway, Journal, lined, moleskine alternative, notebook, papernotes, philippines, review, softcover
It’s always fun to review new products that are just hitting the market. Papernotes is one such brand, started in November 2013 and based in the Philippines. They sent me two of their Classic Series notebooks to review: The brand has launched offering these medium size notebooks, in 6 colors, all with lined pages. The […]
- books, creativity, Filofax, Journal, Links, Organization, Other People's Notebooks, productivity, record-keeping, writing, Filofax, filofax flex, Journal, kindle cover, leather, notebook, notebook system, reading, writing
The blogger at Filofancy notes that the Flex series by Filofax doesn’t get much blogging coverage. I can’t say I’ve found them inspiring at all when I see them in stores– wrong sizes, blah materials… it just makes me sad to see them in comparison to the wonderful things Filofax was making 15 or 20 […]
- Journal, My Collection, Places to Buy, Reviews, back pocket, conceptum, elastic closure, germany, Journal, moleskine alternative, notebook, notizbuch, pen loop, plain pages, ribbon marker, sigel, softcover
This review makes me sad! I’m going to cut to the chase and say this is a GREAT notebook, but it seems that SiS Original, the online store that sent me this sample has just gone out of business! Now I feel very bad that I wasn’t able to catch up and write the review […]
A rather cute lined notebook in those signature Paul Smith colors… though they also have some in plain black and metallic gold. See more at Men’s Notebooks & Cases by Paul Smith Accessories.
- Giveaway, Journal, My Collection, new products, Places to Buy, Reviews, argentina, brugge, giveaway, Journal, libretas brugge, lined, notebook, plain, quality, reporter notebook, review, side opening, squared, top-opening
Here’s a new brand of notebooks from Buenos Aires, Argentina: Libretas Brügge. The owner of the company was kind enough to send me 3 samples to review. Brügge’s notebooks offer pretty much all the standard features: a hard cover, removable paper band with branding, elastic closure, ribbon marker, and back pocket. They come in pocket […]
I spotted this photo in the newspaper not long ago and immediately recognized one of the spots where I’d seen some blank journals being sold in Istanbul, near the entrance to a book bazaar. Nice to know that guy still has his spot!
These look rather nice– linen covers, which I love, and in attractive colors. Best of all, this pocket size notebook is American-made in Michigan, and still only $12! At the moment, they seem to only offer lined notebooks, except for a sketchbook in a larger size. More details at 3.75″ x 5.5″ HARD LINEN COVER […]
I’d been hearing some reports that the Piccadilly Essentials notebooks might be showing up in Barnes & Noble stores. When searching on their website, I did find them listed: Essential Notebook Black Medium Ruled But I also found this: Essentials Black Small Blank Notebook by Peter Pauper Press. At 105 x 148 mm, it […]