- Art, books, creativity, Diary, Journal, new products, Other People's Notebooks, pens, Places to Buy, sketchbook, amazon, Art, basquiat, black friday, brice marden, drawing, giant sketchbook, gifts, journals, lynda barry, notebooks, pigma micron, shopping, sketchbook, uniball ultra micro pen, very big sketchbook
I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving! Hope it is full of family, friends, fun, and feasting before you start thinking about shopping… but once you do… here’s a few gift ideas for your favorite notebook addict–perhaps yourself! Brice Marden Notebooks: I posted about these recently, but hadn’t yet received my own copies of the facsimile […]
- Art, creativity, Leuchtturm, Moleskine, My Collection, Pen & Ink, Places to Buy, Reviews, sketchbook, Art Alternatives, art plus, drawing, leuchturm, Moleskine, Pen & Ink, pencils, pens, review, sketch, sketch album, sketchbook, sketching, watercolor
I’ve had this Moleskine Sketch Album for quite a while and haven’t gotten around to reviewing it, mainly because I knew I’d probably be disappointed! Moleskine’s quality has been waning for years, and though their regular sketchbooks have been my favorite notebooks for a very long time, I’ve refused to buy any of the currently […]
- Art, creativity, Journal, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, Art, brice marden, gallery, Journal, notebook, scrapbook, sketchbook
I’d love to take a look through these: On a page of his 1964–67 journal, underneath a small cutout of Manet’s 1862 painting of Victorine Meurent, Brice Marden wrote, “Cézanne tried to kill painting by denying forms for the sake of painting. He seems to have come closest to painting painting out … I […]
- Art, creativity, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, Art, artist, Journal, notebook, richard diebenkorn, sketchbook, stanford
A page from one of Richard Diebenkorn’s sketchbooks– on the day his father died, he drew his hat and shoe and hankerchief: “Thanks to a gift from the Richard Diebenkorn Foundation, 29 of the artist’s sketchbooks will be on display at Stanford’s Cantor Arts Center starting Sept. 9. For over two decades since the artist’s […]
- Addict of the Week, Links, Moleskine, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, addict, Addict of the Week, Moleskine, notebook addict, notebook collection, plain, sketchbook, unlined
This week’s addict is a Moleskine hoarder… or at least was back in 2007 when this photo was posted to Flickr: A very consistent collection! Bonus points for the cool typewriter.
- Journal, Links, new products, blank, graph, japanese, Journal, notebook, ruled, science illustrations, sketchbook
These notebooks have an unusual design combo: vintage science, math and medical illustrations embellished with embroidery: “Since we last checked out Athens-based Fabulous Cat Papers (previously) they’ve released a whole new series of notebooks that incorporate vintage science/medical illustrations printed on Japanese paper with hand-stitched embroidery. The notebooks come in a variety of sizes and […]
- Art, creativity, Links, Moleskine, Scientific, sketchbook, gsm, japanese album, Moleskine, notebook, paper weight, sketch album, sketchbook, watercolor
Moleskine has always been rather cagey about revealing the actual weight of their paper, unlike rival notebook makers such as Rhodia, Clairefontaine, Fabriano and many others who specify their paper weight in GSM (grams per square meter). GSM isn’t the only factor in how a paper performs, but it’s a good indicator, as thicker paper […]
- Art, creativity, Journal, Moleskine, My Collection, sketchbook, travel, drawing, modo & modo, modo e modo, Moleskine, My Collection, my notebooks, notebook, painting, pen, pencil, sketchbook, travel, watercolor
I just finished a sketchbook, exactly a year a year after I started it. This was one of my old Modo & Modo original Moleskine sketchbooks. I have a hoard of these older ones and they are still my favorite sketchbook for everyday use– they stand up well to most of the pens I use, […]
- antique, Art, creativity, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, Art, drawing, painting, sketchbook, watercolor, william turner
I spotted this on Facebook– I especially love the simplicity of the lighthouse image!
- books, Journal, Piccadilly, Places to Buy, sketchbook, Journal, keri smith, notebook, Piccadilly, sketchbook, wreck this journal
Spotted at a B&N: bargain priced Piccadilly notebooks (medium size only) and a prompted journal/sketchbook, obviously modeled on Wreck This Journal. These were in the bargain book section, along with some other low-priced sketchbooks and journals, separate from the stationery/art supply/full-priced journal section of the store.