- Addict of the Week, Art, creativity, Derwent, HandBook, Journal, Links, Moleskine, Other People's Notebooks, Paperblanks, sketchbook, Stillman & Birn, travel, Addict of the Week, Derwent, drawing, handbook artist journal, japan, Moleskine, notebook addict, painting, paperblanks, russell stutler, sketchbook, sketching, stillman and birn, travel, waterbrush, watercolor
Based on the photo below and the website where I found it, Russell Stutler is definitely a sketchbook addict. His website is a great resource for anyone who is interested in sketching on the go– there are articles on tools like waterbrushes and assorted sketchbook brands, and tips on how to use them in […]
I spotted this photo in the newspaper not long ago and immediately recognized one of the spots where I’d seen some blank journals being sold in Istanbul, near the entrance to a book bazaar. Nice to know that guy still has his spot!
One of the first posts I ever wrote on this blog was about Finishing a Notebook. The notebook in question was this softcover Moleskine, one of the first notebooks I’d ever used completely from front to back. At the time, this was a notable accomplishment. That was what I loved about those early Moleskines– I […]
- Giveaway, Grandluxe, Journal, Moleskine, new products, Organization, Reviews, sketchbook, travel, blank, city notebook, deja vu notebook, dialogue notebook, earth care recycled note folder, earth care sketchbook, giveaway, grandluxe, ideology notebook, lined, monologue jotter, monologue notebook, monologue platinum, monologue sketchpad, monologue soft sketchbook, recycled, sketchbook, spiral, travel notebook, wire-o
My jaw dropped when I opened the box of samples sent to me by the folks at Grandluxe– it was huge and heavy and full of tons of notebooks! Let’s take a look at the wide variety of products Grandluxe so generously shared, many of which I had never seen in stores. (If you don’t […]
- Addict of the Week, Journal, Links, Other People's Notebooks, travel, Addict of the Week, england, flickr, Journal, nairobi queen, notebook addict
This week’s addict posted this photo on Flickr with these comments: “The journals I have here with me in England I have no idea where the rest of my books are, but here is a pretty good spread.” From that, I deduce that she was just traveling to England or living there temporarily, and I […]
- Art, creativity, Diary, Journal, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, travel, writing, Art, collage, dan eldon, drawing, journals, mogadishu, painting, photographs, scrapbook, somalia, travel
The beautiful notebooks above only hint at the amazing work inside them… but they also come with a sad story. Dan Eldon was a young photojournalist who was killed by an angry mob in Somalia in 1993, along with 3 of his colleagues. “Dan left behind seventeen bound leather journals filled with drawings, writings and […]
- creativity, Links, Moleskine, new products, Other People's Notebooks, travel, writing, letter writing, letters, Moleskine, postal notebook
A couple of links about Moleskine’s Postal Notebooks: A review at Inktronics: Special Guest Post by Bogon07 Moleskine Postal Notebook The review is hand-written in the notebook itself, over several pages including the one below: The bleed-through looks pretty bad with those fountain pen inks, so using other types of pens or pencils is recommended. […]
- Art, creativity, Links, Moleskine, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, travel, design, layout, liz steel, Moleskine, sketchbook, travel
A fascinating blog post about preparing to do a sketchbook and laying out the pages. This method won’t be for everyone, but it’s something I’d like to think about for my next travel sketchbook, as I rarely feel like my sketchbook pages have good composition: “I approach my sketchbooks like a graphic designer and the […]
- Art, creativity, Diary, Journal, Links, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, travel, Art, cynthia rowley, Journal, kids, sketchbook, travel
From the New York Times website, designer Cynthia Rowley talks about favorite things to bring along on her travels, including journals for her kids to record their adventures, at around the :57 mark: Via Can’t Go Without: Cynthia Rowley.
- Art, creativity, Journal, Links, Organization, Other People's Notebooks, sketchbook, travel, art supplies, custom, handmade, refillable, travel journal
A really interesting look at someone’s custom designed travel journal holder, with a strap to fasten in the journal, plus pockets for favorite art supplies: Read more at Week 6 of Designing a Creative Travel Journal | — ✄ – ✄ – the smallest forest – ✄ – ✄ –.